As a leading headhunter agency in Manila, we have noticed that the market for highly skilled Filipino talent has become increasingly sophisticated in the last few years. Gone are the days of placing a simple job board advertisement and receiving tons of qualified replies from candidates for a headhunter company. The active candidate market (those who are actively applying for jobs with employers) has dried up, as the drivers for high-end roles have changed significantly. There is now an ever-increasing pull on Manila’s top executives, managers, experts and IT specialists from the following sources:
- Domestic corporations are growing rapidly, fueled by one of the world’s top performing economies;
- A strong domestic start-up culture is emerging, particularly for tech orientated start-ups;
- Strong growth in the BPO, Shared Services, Outsourcing and Offshoring sector is continuing;
- There is aggressive expansion of Multinational brands entering the Filipino market to target the new wealth of both consumers and B2B customers;
- ASEAN integration is bringing more regional players into the Philippines.
These drivers ensure that the war to recruit and retain quality talent in the Philippines is fought fiercely. New market entrants and domestic companies alike, no longer have the luxury of quality candidates applying en-mass to their job postings. The majority of the top talent are already employed, earning strong salaries and receiving competitive benefits and bonuses. A new approach has to be taken – and this is using a headhunter agency to recruit the top talent in the Philippines.