Traditionally, if you want to build a new team, you first look for professionals located within or near your place of business. This makes sense. After all, you don’t want to hire someone from a remote location and then set aside a budget for relocation costs. But, that’s old school.
Today’s highly connected world has provided businesses the luxury of finding great talents from anywhere in the world. Team search has become easier to accomplish. The booming startup community are adopting and benefitting from recruiting teams abroad. Conversely, startups are being provided with competitive talents from countries like the Philippines. In fact, between 2005 and 2012, the number of professionals telecommuting surged by 80 percent.
The Philippines has become a prime place to recruit international team members. One of the reasons is the high English language competence of the people. In 2010, the Test of English Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores ranked the Philippines in 35th place among 163 countries around the world.
In this article, let’s point out some of the top reasons it’s great to recruit your startup team abroad, particularly in the Philippines.
1. Access to great talent. Finding talent in your own country or city can be limiting. Hiring teams abroad allows you to find the best of the best.
Filipinos are known for their job flexibility and good work ethic. In fact, Andrew Robb, the Minister of Trade and Investment in Australia said in 2015, “Filipinos in Australia are viewed as hard working, practical, determined and highly personable (people).”
2. Getting people from your market region. Hiring international team members from the Philippines can provide you insights and trends on the market region. This data could be valuable for startup companies who wish to start a business in the Philippines.
3. Benefits of dual roles. To ensure a more effective and faster production, it makes sense to hire people who can play two or more roles. Team members who are capable of doing multiple functions are better than paying two individual members in the same room.
In today’s highly connected world, remote teams have no problem with communication given the many channels they can use to collaborate.
4. Reduced costs. Traditionally, when you hire a new team member, you need to provide an office or desk space. In and out, there are expenses attached to that space.
Remote team members, especially the ones who know the value of flexible work hours, are the type of investments that rake in a bigger ROI in the long run. For remote workers, a paycheck isn’t the only incentive. The perks of working anywhere and not having to deal with daily long commutes are priceless.
Additionally, the Philippines has one of the smallest labor costs in Asia but does not compromise the quality of work.
4. Diverse perspectives. When you hire a remote worker from abroad, diversity is probably the least benefit you think about, but it is actually one of the biggest perks of recruiting your team from another country.
Apart from improved business reputation and benefits in conflict resolution, diversity also fosters mutual respect and provides your teams diverse perspectives. In fact, in a 2011 Forbes study, researchers found that among 321 large international companies, 85 percent agreed or strongly agreed that diversity is a vital factor in developing workplace innovation.
“For global companies, diversity is no longer simply a matter of creating a heterogeneous workforce, but using that workforce to innovate and give it a competitive advantage in the marketplace,” the report said.
Build Your A-Team Today
Many international startups are building their remote teams abroad—a smart move that enables them to focus on the most important part: building their business.
Hiring remote teams gets rid of the nuances that often plague production—reducing overhead costs even further. The Philippines is a hotbed of talent for team search. Hire your A-Team from the Philippines today.
WE LEAD INNOVATION IN HEADHUNTING
SPECIALIST RECRUITMENT SOLUTIONS DELIVERING UNRIVALLED RESULTS
IN THE PHILIPPINES
Manila Recruitment is recognized as the leading recruitment firm in the Philippines for headhunting, executive search, expert, technical and IT recruitment. We share an unrivalled passion to help your business succeed by understanding your goals, then sourcing and providing you with your number one asset – driven, dedicated and exceptional people!
Experience the Manila Recruitment difference, and give your business in the Philippines a competitive advantage by contacting us today. Whether you are exploring an offshore solution, or are an established entrepreneur, SME or Multinational in the Philippines, our team has the experience and a tailored recruitment solution to introduce you to the top talent in the Philippines.
- How to Help Your Employees Achieve Work-Life Balance - March 4, 2021
- Onsite vs. Remote Work: 7 Key Differences in Leadership Style - February 25, 2021
- How HR Can Manage Employee Promotions - February 11, 2021