The demands of the present world have caused significant changes in different business industries. Now that employees and employers are more particular with how work is done, business processes have evolved and even traditional office setups are starting to fade away. Most companies aren’t restricting themselves to the 9-5 schedule, and most importantly, the image of a strict and grumpy manager is becoming a thing of the past.
The development of technology has paved the way for the emergence of new leaders who are more innovative, agile, and adaptive to change. Due to their influence, more effective forms of management have arisen and are now being implemented across different companies. Today, the modern leader takes on a more nurturing, empathetic and enthusiastic approach as compared to the firm and rigid character of the traditional manager.
Learn how you can keep up with the times. Refer to this infographic to know how you can be an outstanding manager!
Leadership and Filipino Values
The world of work has evolved, and so has the Filipino workforce. As such, management and leadership styles must also evolve and adapt. But, some things never change. And that’s the characteristics and values inherent to the Filipino people.
- Exhibit the value of community and camaraderie (bayanihan) that allows for collaboration with others with ease.
- Put great value towards groups and family (pakikisama) which helps establish loyalty with the company you work for.
- Have a strong sense of reciprocity (utang ng loob) to honor debts to others.
- Value pride and dignity (karangalan) which should remind you to always put your best foot forward.
- Treat your employees the way you would want to be treated. Demonstrate concern for their professional path and personal well-being (malasakit).
These are just some of the many excellent traits that make Filipinos stand out from talents across the globe. Given the complexity of the Filipino worker and the present circumstance that surrounds the global and local workforce, taking culture and context into consideration while adopting a modern style of management will play a big role in how you can lead your team.
Other than playing a key role in maintaining business operations, the role of the modern manager is now bigger since they are now seen as a leader, teacher, and mentor.
The traits listed above are some ways you can be a great leader in the modern world. While work environment may continue to evolve due to technological and social advancements, these management traits and characteristics will stand the test of time.
A World-class Filipino Work Force
Modern times call for modern approaches.
Over the years, employers and employees from around the globe have greatly changed their approach and perspective towards work. While the values exhibited by Filipinos will remain, there must be ways to improve and keep up with the changes to come.
As the landscape of businesses continues to change, managers and supervisors will continuously be required to adapt to the trends of global office culture.
Work with a recruitment firm in the Philippines that will want nothing but the best for every leader or manager to achieve his or her full potential.
- How to Solve These HR Issues in the Modern Recruitment Industry - October 31, 2019
- 10 Phrases Recruiters Should Avoid in a Job Interview - October 22, 2019
- 8 Qualities of an Outstanding Filipino Manager - September 26, 2019